grey and yellow

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 9, 2015

Reese's first flight for some fall fun!

WOW -- these Mommy Tales keep getting posted later and later... I swear I don't know where the time goes!  #lifewithtwokids
 
After Reese was born, I played around with the idea of taking her back to Iowa to meet her Great Grandparents, her cousins in Iowa (plus Lukey, since she had only met Ethan after she was born), her uncles and her aunts in Iowa.  I had a hard time picking a weekend and was dragging my feet because I didn't want to leave Drew home.  But when Wendy called and said she had two days off for a Fall Break - that weekend was a no-brainer and I decided to put my Super Mom cape on and take both kids!  Reese has been such an awesome baby  - so I knew that as long as Drew had his listening ears on we would be A-Okay!
 
Last fall I remembered seeing the pictures of the Pumpkin Patch with all the little boys and wanted Drew to have the same experience -- plus I wanted him to have an opportunity to see the farm during the fall when all the big machinery is out and the ground isn't covered with snow.  So the mission was:
 
1. See some very special family and introduce Reese Catherine
2. Pumpkin Patch!
3. Farm life!
 
Tickets were booked and away we went............
 
 
Of course Mr. Personality was on his A-Game at the airport entertaining anyone he could.  Apple Juice in hand, this was one happy little boy!  Oh... and don't forget about Reese.  Snoozin' away in the baby carrier like a little angel!
 

 
Naps about to happen across the board... we scored a row with an empty seat in the middle.  Drew stretched out and crashed!
 
Aunt Wendy and the boys picked us up in Minneapolis and off we went to Mankato.  We didn't even make it into the house and these boys were playing.  Ethan took them on a gator ride around the house.  Drew was in amazement that they were driving and riding all by themselves! 
 
 
It was a gorgeous day out and the Weber's neighbors across the street have an apple tree.  They said we could bring over the boys and pick some apples.  Drew had fun helping Aunt Wendy find the ones that didn't have any worms in them :-)
 
 
 
And then there was Lukey.... SO. SWEET.  He was all about Baby Reese.  He even wanted to sit next to her in the car and kept looking over at her.  When we got home and in the house he asked to hold her and he was so gentle and sweet to her (....aaahhh....I think he would be a good OLDER brother....)

There is nothing like the snuggle hugs you get from Aunt Wendy!  Lots of love there!
 
More Luke and Reesey action - TOO CUTE!
 
Grandma Lori drove up that evening so she could spend some time with THIS crew!  We had a fun day planned -- first, we went to the Children's Museum in Mankato (IT.WAS. AWESOME), then off to the Pumpkin Patch.  These little passengers did great in the car  - including baby Reese.
 

First stop:  Children's Museum.  Drew would still be there pushing those big blocks up the belt and hauling them up the steps if I left him there.  He was having so much fun - such a treat for me to watch him learning how these things worked and getting so into it! 
 
 
Ok Lukey -- you crank the wheel, I'll put the block on there
Next stop:  PUMPKIN PATCH!
 
Drew was very into Halloween and everything pumpkins this year so I couldn't wait for him to see I real pumpkin patch and experience this with his cousins. 


LOVE TIHS ONE!  HAHAHA!  BOO!
There was a fun train ride that Drew did about 3 times in a row... and he loved wearing his hat at mittens :-)


Fun was had by all at the Pumpkin Patch - now time to keep heading south toward Holstein.  We made one last stop and Great Grandma and Grandpa's house, then off to Grandma Lori's.

Aunt Melissa as there to meet Reese and give her some Iowa Auntie love!
 
Always lots of fun with everyone at Grandma Loris!  We roasted marshmallows and made smores by the fire pit.  YUMMY!
 
 
Nobody is going to mess with Miss Reese or you will have to answer to this crew! 
 
The next day was FARM DAY!  We got all the kids dressed up in ISU gear and snapped some pics at the farm.  Melissa bribed them all with a ride on the side-by-side if they behaved for the pictures.  It worked and off they went!
 
 
 
You can't get a ride this exciting at ANY amusement park! (or a more glamorous driver :-)
 
 
Organized chaos!
 
Time for a wagon ride from Aunt Bri!
 
This picture melts my heart. 

Get in here Grandpa Butcher!
Lots of love from this Auntie too!  Love you Bri!
Connie loves to snuggle with baby Reese too! SMILE REESEY!
 
We also got to meet Baby Duke on this trip!  He was such a sweetie and so big! 

GO CYCLONES!
Next stop was one I had been looking SO forward to.  Great Grandma Butcher!  Look at her loving on Reese.  I can just hear her saying "oooooohhhhh, I love you so"
 
And check this out -- Aunt Renea!  I was so glad I sent a message lettering her know we were coming to Holstein.  She zipped down to see us and get her snuggles with baby Reese too!
 
 
Nice try... but not quite the photo I was going for.  These little kiddos were tired of the camera :-)
 
Back out to the farm to DO SOME WORK! 
Checking the cattle with Grandpa Butcher
Before the trip, Melissa said Kelby was working on his list of things he wanted to show Drew.  It was the cutest list ever and when we got to their house he was SO PROUD to show Drew around.  I was loving every minute of it. 
 
First stop - show Drew the kitty cats and shop!

Aunt Melissa -- can you help me pet the kitties???
The next stop was Kelby's diggers.  This MIGHT have been the highlight of the trip for Drew.  I remember when Andrew and Ben would spend hours and hours just digging up sand with these things.  I am pretty sure that I could have left Drew there for a couple hours and he would still be digging when I got back. 
 
Beau had to show him how it works....
 
Now Drew's turn!
Showing Drew the "Pedal Tractor" was also on Kelby's list -  HERE IT COMES!
 
 
Aunt Katie with all the boys in the pick-up - time for a selfie!

 


WOW -- what a trip we had.  I feel so blessed that we can make these trips up to see family and keep these cousins close.  I have such great memories with my own cousins growing up and want the same for Drew and Reese. 

Until next time...........

































No comments:

Post a Comment